Friday, September 28, 2012

Cards and Journal


Today's showcase is a mix of traditional Christmas cards and a page from my visual journal. I hope you enjoy my work today.

 The first card above uses the Bo Bunny Mistletoe Collection.  I love the whimsical feel of the paper and gifts.  And I think it's awesome that there are stamps as part of the collection.  Thank you Janice of the Scrapping Nook for choosing the paper for me.

I based the second card totally on the buckle.  I thought it would be perfect as part of Santa's suit but to use different colours than expected.  And then, if you still didn't get it, we all know what Santa always says :-)


 This card is made up of some of my Christmas scraps.  My matting them all in the same colour, they could be combined into a cohesive and matching card.  Not sure where I got the dimensional tree sticker but it had the colours to match the papers and was the right size so I added it to the card.


 I love the music paper on this card.  The patterned paper and the chipboard little girl are part of the Graphic 45 Christmas Emporium collection.  


 This is the very first entry into my visual journal.  It is somewhere in the middle of the actual journal but it's the first entry that I created.  I titled it "Playing" because that's what I did with this page.  I played with my mistable inks and masking.  I played with my stamps and my sizzix machine.  Do you like the flowers growing along the fence?


Another card using Graphic 45's Christmas Emporium Collection.


1 comment: