Monday, October 8, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Happy Thanksgiving to everybody!  I have so very much to be thankful to God for . . . . people, nature, etc.  In terms of a card-making blog, I am thankful to God for my gift of creativity.  I am thankful to my Nook family for all their encouragement.  I am thankful to all my friends and family who have subscribed to my blog and leave me comments, both encouraging and critical to help me become a better card-maker.

Okay, on to the good stuff :-)

 There is really no pink in this card.  All the pink parts are actually a light beige.  Looks like I need to play a bit more with my camera.  I was able to curve the Merry Christmas to match the slope because it is an acrylic stamp.  Because the block is clear, I can play with the stamp before inking it and get it exactly where I want it to be.  I love my acrylic stamps!

 This is a layout (yes I do still scrapbook from time to time :-) that I created for a friend.  She started her kids' album but once they came along, it sort of got put to the side.  So Kelly, I have actually completed 2 layouts so far.  The blank spot on the right side is for you to put in some journalling.

 I made this card to give to my Mom at Thanksgiving dinner but then forgot to bring it with me.  If I get it in the mail tomorrow, she should have it by the end of the week.  It is a simple card.  I tore the leaf paper so there was room for my sentiment (thanks) underneath.  The pumpkins are cutouts that I pop-dotted.  Simple.

 I wanted to use several different patterned papers on this Santa card.  Not sure I like how they angled down towards the bottom of the card.  Maybe it's that extra Happy Holidays that throws me off.  What do you think?

Another layout for you Kelly!!  This started as a 6x6 page I did at a stampin' up workshop.  By adding a few more stickers and mats, I was able to stretch it into a 12x12 page.  It's Kelly's job to explain what the title means :-)

I hope you all are enjoying this Thanksgiving holiday.  And thanks for watching my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment